After taking a little sewing break, I finally got a new machine (yipiiieh !!!), I had plenty of time to look for the next piece … When I was looking at the technical drawing of the Williamson pattern I instantly fell in love with the details. I figured it would be the perfect pattern to mix and match two different materials.
So I opted for an original Burda fabric that I had purchased shortly after it was shown in the March issue. The side parts were made of artificial leather because I liked the contrast. However, the jersey is quite thin, which is why it is not ideal for the dress, but I couldn’t resist;o)
The cut is not too difficult, but I didn’t understand the zipper instruction. No matter how many times I read it. Overall, I think you can feel it’s a designer pattern while sewing. So crazy to think that Matthew Williamson designed this piece!! In some parts it felt like a puzzle….
The greatest detail about the dress are the side pockets which are hidden in the seams of the front bodice. Maybe I sew the pattern again with some more appropriate fabric…
The pattern is Burda 9/2012, #134.